Statement of Belief
Horizon International is a non-denominational Christian ministry motivated by this vision: "For you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall" (Malachi 4:2, NIV).
Accordingly, Horizon reveres the name and mission of Jesus Christ, shining today as the sun of righteousness, and is dedicated to creating a world of hope for AIDS orphans and the Christian leaders and care-givers who serve them and their extended families. Underlying this reverence and dedication are certain affirmations of Christian faith. Horizon International affirms with joy:
- Its belief in the one eternal God, Creator and Lord of the world, eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, governing all things according to the graciousness of the divine purpose.
- Its belief in the divine inspiration of the Bible, Old and New Testaments, revelation that is dependable for guiding all aspects of Christian belief, life, and mission in the world.
- Its belief that there is only one Lord and Savior for humanity, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, born in Bethlehem, resurrected in Jerusalem, and ever-living through the person of the Holy Spirit.
- Its belief that Jesus Christ sends his redeemed people into the world as the Father sent him, to save sinners, to work for justice in human societies, to embody compassion, and to bring hope to the lost, oppressed, and diseased.
- Its belief in the power of the Holy Spirit to reveal the identity and purposes of the Christ, to bring new birth and spiritual maturity to fallen humanity, to indwell believers so that a godly life can be lived, and to gift faithful disciples for sacrificial service to the church and the world.
- Its belief in the spiritual unity of all true believers in Jesus Christ, thus encouraging Horizon to cooperate gladly with all who share this vision, also honor these beliefs, and choose to join hands with this ministry.
- Its belief that Jesus Christ will return one day, bringing divine judgment, vindicating the faithful, eliminating evil, and initiating life that is blessed and everlasting for those who belong to the eternal Christ and have served faithfully in his mission.
For you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.
—Malachi 4:2, NIV