- Our children are all being cared for as usual
- Schools, Drop-In Centers, and Children's Clubs have closed.
- Sponsorship funds that are normally spent on school fees are being shifted to food purchased to provide kids with larger than normal food parcels
- Currently there are confirmed cased in all of the countries in which we work
- Our Children's Reserve Fund—which is used to respond to crisis situations and to cover medical treatment beyond basic care—is dangerously low
- The economic impacts of the virus on churches and individuals in the U.S. are going to affect Horizon's income and hamper our ability to minister to the children
- Children will lose sponsors as the economic fallout grows
- Our staff are mostly working remotely, so please have patience as responses to phone calls may be delayed.
How You Can Help
- Pray for our children, caregivers, and African staff
- Pray for medical staff diagnosing and treating those with the virus
- Pray for our staff as we operate remotely
- Continue to sponsor your child(ren) and consider sponsoring an additional child
- Make a special gift to the Children's Reserve Fund